This is us!!

This is us!!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

I'm back!

I've been told by numerous people that my blogging skills suck and that I haven't updated in a while. Oops!!! I guess life got in the way (again) but Ben is gone for the day and the kids are playing quietly, so lets purge! I can get everything out that I haven't done for the last 4 1/2 months.

The strange thing is that for the most part, there's not much to purge...I think that may be why I haven't kept up on my blog as much as normal. I'm content. I know, doesn't happen very often. But I really am content. Yes, I have those days when I'm pulling my hair out, but who doesn't?

I feel like by moving here, we finally found the place where we belong. Everything just fell into place. The kids are happy, Ben is happy, I'm happy. Simple enough.

We love our neighborhood, we love the kids' school, and we love our ward. Ben and I both have callings and I've really found that we seem to be happier when we are active in our ward, i.e. Riverdale and Eagle. The thing that makes this place different from those places is that we had to get involved on our own. There's no family to ease us in or friends from work. We started out knowing noone and this time, we actually felt welcomed from the start.

I know that some of our family and friends still don't get why we moved to....how did they word it...oh yeah, BFE! But this is the part that I get know....they don't have to. They don't have to understand it. Hopefully, after a while the teasing will wear off and they will see just how happy we are and in return be happy for us. I don't have to rely on outside forces to be happy now....and that my friends is contentment :)

5 comments:

Mare said...

Glad you are back. I love following whats up with your family. :)

Jayme said...

I like BFE :) I promise that we will come visit soon!! The best part?? Your new home is... well, YOURS!! We are REALLY happy for you guys!! It is nice to feel like you finally have a place that you can establish as "home" and really get involved in the community!

colliganclan said...

I thought we moved from BFE?! Where is your new BFE? So glad you are at peace. That seems to make life so much more enjoyable and well, peacful!

Julie said...

I hope that you know that we really are happy for you to be in your own home. We only tease because we miss you and want to see you more. But, what's really important is that you are happy :)

Ben and Sarah said...

Seanna, we moved to eagle mountain. It reminded us a lot of eagle, co. It felt like home before it was home. Jay and Ju, I know you guys are happy for us...I was referring to the people that want us to come over to see them, and then when we invite them over they tell us its too far to drive. We drive the exact same distance every time we go to see them. they just seem to forget that. so my thoughts were directed to the fact that I don't have to rely on those friends for happiness...i've found it right here :)