This is us!!

This is us!!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Caught Red Handed!!!!

Ok, so for any of you who didn't see me over the Christmas holiday, boy did you miss out on a good laugh! We stayed with my mom and dad and had a great time, mostly... On Christmas eve, Brett went in to my mom's dining room and dumped out a packet of fruit punch mix( you know, the RED stuff). But he did not stop there.... he added an entire box of chicken stock to the equation!!! Needless to say, I freaked when I walked in and saw him standing in the middle of a 3 ft red blotch on a light blue carpet! He had red hands and red little toes! (Looking back, he was kinda cute... but not at the time) So for the next two hours I soaked up red chicken stock out of the carpet, scrubbed in stain remover and occasionally cried! When I had gotten as clean as I could, I had about 2 inches of red liquid that I was able to mop up and to top it off-BRIGHT RED HANDS! I looked like a moron! Ben teased me that at least I was festive:) Julie thought I had burned my hands. It was quite a sight.
It has been one week since that happened and my knuckles are still red in some spots. That was definitely a Christmas that I will always remember. I tried to take pictures, but they just didn't do it justice. You had to see it in person.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh the joys of motherhood!!!! I'll have to share the Sierra guacamole pics with you some time!