This is us!!

This is us!!

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Music and memories!!

Have you ever noticed how certain songs just bring back memories faster than others. Well, being married to the human I-pod that I am, this weekend has brought up some that I haven't heard in a while. Here's to good memories!!
Firehouse- Love of a lifetime- This song will always remind me of Greg and Kellie. I'm pretty sure they danced to it at their wedding reception.
Eiffel 65- Blue- This song will forever make me think of dancing with Becky at the women's home in Ogden, and trying to recreate her brother's awesome moves :)It also makes me think of how obsessed Mark's kids were with this song.
Evanescence- Bring me to life- Reminds me of Sam(Ben's sister) She has an amazing voice and sounds just like the singer on this song.
Anything Bryan White -will remind me of spending countless days in Shannon's bedroom, doing who knows what.
STYX- Babe- This one reminds me of Paul. I never knew he could sing until I heard him sing this song in his old Truck. It also reminds me that I lost all of Steve's CD's including his STYX cd. Let's not bring that one back up!
Celine Dion- Because of You- I haven't heard this one in a while, but when I think of it, I think of Michelle. I may be wrong, but I think that I remember her saying ( a long time ago) that this song made her think of her mom and how much she had done for her.
They Might be Giants- any of them- Any song from them makes me think of riding in Amy's silver bullet and blasting this tape with all of our friends. That was a small car, but we fit a lot of people in it.
Anyway, just took my own trip down memory lane. If any of my memories are tainted, let me know, so I can refresh them :)

3 comments:

Jayme said...

That is really funny that "Babe" reminds you of Paul... because that is my most "hated" song ever! I have really bad memories of some dimwit creepazoid that sang that to me back in the day. I don't think I hate styx... but that memory ALWAYS comes to mind when I hear that song..

Oh... and Paul will be SO happy to hear that you think he can sing... because I woke up in the middle of the night last year in Kansas to what I thought was a cat outside screaming... and turns out, it was Paul playing singstar on the playstation! It was so funny... I felt really bad when I realized it was him!

Michelle said...

I love how songs can bring up memories. Well I love when it brings up the good memories anyways. So many songs take me back to high school!

Unknown said...

Oh Man Brian White, I was obsessed with him!!! LOL That is great, I totally remember that. We had some good times huh? remember when I used to ride my parents lawn mower to your house? Awesome..:)