This is us!!

This is us!!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Time for the weekly venting session!!!

This week, I would love to know which one of my neighbors complained to the HOA about us. When we got our dog, we asked permission from the landlord and she said yes. We thought that would settle the matter. NOPE! One of our lovely neighbors called the HOA on us. Apparently, only home owners can have pets! Well, if our landlord gave us permission how is that our fault. So they put a letter on our door yesterday listing the things we needed to take care of. But they didn't stop there. They called our landlord and sent her a letter as well. Apparently in the uber prestigious Eagle Ranch, you are not allowed to keep snow shovels on your porch! Dumbest thing ever. And you can't have toys or tools in your backyard either! (neighbors can see over the fence) So my landlord shows up on my doorstep this morning with her copy of the letter and basically says we've got a problem. She went over her concerns and admitted that she didn't know there was a rule about homeowners and dogs. Then she says, have Ben call me and we'll have to figure something out. So I spent my morning preparing for the worst. Our landlord is at least a reasonable lady and said she would tell the HOA that she asked us to get rid of the dog. If it comes up again before our lease is up in May, she said she'd tell them that we were looking for a new place. My only concern with that is what if the unidentified neighbor doesn't let it go and her covering for us doesn't give us the three months that we need. Then what???? Will she let us out of our lease early since it was her fault for not knowing the stupid rules? I guess time will tell.... keep your fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

What a mess!!!!! The neighbor that is complaining needs to get a life! Seriously who could that adorable little puppy be hurting by being there!!! It's not like you have huge Rotty that's terrorizing the neighborhood children. I hate when people have nothing better to do than try to terrorize those that live around them. I have a neighbor like that. It's horrible. I would hope that your landlord will let you out of your lease early if it becomes a problem before May, I mean you did ask permission BEFORE getting the dog. Sorry that you have haters that can't get a life living near you. I guess all you can do it pray for patience from the anonymous (aka cowardly) neighbor for the next few months.

Michelle said...

Oh and I just had to add the no shovel on your front porch when you live the High Country is ridiculous!!!!

Ben and Sarah said...

AMEN!!!!!